- Protects company assets from internal and external theft.
- Observes and reports potential safety and security hazards.
- Investigates potential theft, detains suspects, maintains evidence, and completes incident reports.
- Walks the warehouse and perimeter to monitor safety and security concerns.
- Follows and maintains knowledge of Costco procedures and applicable laws related to loss prevention duties. Attends meetings and seminars regarding loss prevention.
- Observes, detects, and investigates internal and external theft threats. Reports potential internal theft situations to Warehouse Manager. Participates in Shrink Committee
- Detains and interviews shoplifters when warranted.
- Prepares reports for internal use and for potential prosecution.
- Maintains evidence and reports files collected from investigations.
- Testifies in court concerning theft investigations.
- Communicates with other area Costco Loss Prevention Clerks and Security personnel of area businesses to exchange information about current and local theft threats.
- Follows proper Member Service and general safety and security procedures and standards. Assists in other departments of the warehouse as necessary.
- Provides prompt and courteous service to members, employees and vendors. When in office, answers phones and assists callers.
- Assists with front end duties as necessary.
- Assists in other departments of the warehouse as necessary.
- Communication – Articulates information in a way that can be easily understood by employees, members, and vendors. Actively listens to fellow employees, members, and managers.
- Member Service - Exhibits a professional demeanour toward others. Unselfishly serves others and assists members, employees and vendors in a prompt and effective manner while following company procedures. Ability to identify problems, find solutions, and make sound decisions that reflect Costco’s Code of Ethics.
- Self-Motivated - Well-organised and able to prioritise, multi-task, and adhere to deadlines while working efficiently and independently with minimal supervision. Accepts responsibility for his/her choices and decisions.
- Team Player - Cooperates well with a variety of personalities and individuals and participates in a professional manner to accomplish the business goal. Willingness to perform tasks assigned by supervisors and to assist others as needed.
- Flexibility - Adjusts positively to change in direction or assignment. Ability to do more than one task during a work shift. Willingness and ability to comply with new programs, methods, practices, and procedures.
- Record of Satisfactory Job Performance - Demonstrates satisfactory job performance as indicated on the most recent review through positive demonstration of Costco’s Success Behaviours, and by a file free from counselling notices related to job performance.
- Education/Training: High school certificate or higher, current NSW security licence
- Experience: Loss Prevention, security or comparable experience
- Knowledge/Skills: Floor inspection Training prior to beginning in Department.
Loss Prevention Clerk Auburn Part-time / Full TimeLidcombe NSW, Australia
Description of position:
Protects company assets from internal and external theft. Observes and reports potential safety and security hazards. Investigates potential theft, detains suspects, maintains evidence, and completes incident reports. Cooperates with local law enforcement in aiding pending investigations and testifies in court when necessary. Attends meetings and seminars regarding loss prevention. The LP clerk reports directly to the Warehouse Manager. Follows proper safety and security procedures and standards. Provides prompt and courteous customer service.
Daily tasks and responsibilities:
Non-Essential Functions and Tasks:
Qualifications (Costco-specific or industry-specific skills that candidates should possess):
Category: Retail and Consumer Products
Reference ID: AU2451W.000131
Date Posted: 25/10/2019