- Join one of the largest retailers in the world
- Friendly and dynamic team environment
- Based at Lidcombe, Sydney
- Ensure that the Accounts Payable team meets it’s agreed on-time payment targets.
- Ensure that all control reports are reviewed, signed off and filed.
- Provide and ensure prompt and courteous responses to vendor enquiries. Ensures that the AP inbox (email) is actively managed.
- Ensure all payables are processed accurately, on time, in accordance to Costco policy and comply with accounting standard.
- Ensure all early settlement discounts are reviewed and checked before awarding supplier payment acceleration.
- Ensure that discrepant invoices are resolved daily.
- Ensure that on-hold vendors are managed and debit balances are actioned and cleared.
- Ensure that all credit notes are reviewed, matched to short payments and / or processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all statement reconciliations are completed with all outstanding issues followed through to completion.
- Ensure AP month end GL accounts are reconciled and all reconciliation items and supported by appropriate comments.
- Be flexible and able to adapt to the needs of the evolving AP functions. Be flexible and able to adapt to the needs of the evolving AP functions.
- Ensure EDI queries are resolved daily and support vendor onboarding.
- Other ad-hoc duties as directed.
- Assist in other areas of the business as required.
- Communication - Clearly articulates information, both verbally and in writing in a way that can be easily understood by employees, members, and suppliers. Actively listens to vendors, employees, and managers in order to efficiently teach, organize, and respond to department issues. Limits communication of confidential information to those individuals with a need to know.
- Vendor Service - Exhibits a professional demeanor towards others. Serves others and assists vendors, employees, and suppliers in a prompt and effective manner while following company policies and procedures. Is proactive and reacts quickly and appropriately in identifying problems, finding solutions, and making sound decisions that reflect Costco's Code of Ethics. Ability to develop employees by providing constructive feedback about performance, teaching employees how to correctly and safely perform their tasks, and addressing problems or conflicts that arise.
- Self Motivated - Well-organized and able to priorities tasks that need to be accomplished. Ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines while working independently with minimal supervision. Maintains a commitment to honesty, integrity and high levels of efficiency and accuracy at all times. Accepts responsibility for his/her choices and decisions and uses past experiences as a learning opportunity.
- Team Player - Relates well with a variety of personalities and individuals and participates in a professional manner to complete the business goal. Empowers and leads employees. Creates a positive morale by recognizing conflict and working quickly to solve problems. Ability to delegate responsibilities effectively. Willingness to perform tasks that need to be done and to help others perform their tasks as needed.
- Flexibility - Adjusts positively to change in direction or assignment. Is able to focus on multiple tasks during a work day. Responds professionally to constructive criticism from management. Adjusts work schedule as necessary to meet business needs. Is able to carry out newly initiated Costco programs.
- Record of Satisfactory Job Performance - Demonstrates satisfactory job performance as indicated on the most recent review through positive demonstration of Costco’s Success Behaviors, and by a file free from counseling notices related to job performance. Has an ability to provide leadership.
- Strong interpersonal, organization and problem solving skills. Proficient in the use of Financial Accounting software and Microsoft Office products.
- Proactive and seeks out learning opportunities
- Approaches new tasks with enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- High energy. Exhibits a sense of urgency and purpose
- Mathematical and problem solving skills
- Well organized and able to follow issues through to completion.
- Has the ability to multi-task and priorities work to meet the business’ objectives
- Competitive and rewarding salary
- Strong learning ground to grow your career
- Fast paced and dynamic team environment
Accounts Payable SupervisorLidcombe NSW, Australia
Supervises and participates in the daily operations of the Accounts Payable team. Supports the Accounts Payable Manager in supervising the day to day operations and duties of the Accounts Payable Officers with a key focus on respecting our vendors through accurate and on-time payment. Develops, coaches and encourages the AP team to ensure a high level of productivity and accuracy in the processing and payment of accounts.
Your responsibilities will be to assist with all aspects of Accounts Payable. Your primary responsibilities will include but not limit to:
Assist the Accounts Payable Manager with the following duties:
To be successful for this role you will have:
Other Skills and Abilities:
Available to the successful candidate
If you are looking for an opportunity where you will make a difference and be rewarded for your efforts this position is for you. APPLY NOW!
This role is subject to a successful Criminal Record Check.
Reference ID: AU2068H.000178
Date Posted: 06/11/2019