- Join one of the largest retailers in the world
- Friendly and dynamic team environment
- Based at Olympic Park, Sydney
- Ensure all payables are processed accurately, on time, in accordance with Costco policy and comply with accounting standards and meet on time payment KPI.
- Ensure that discrepant invoice and claims are resolved daily.
- Ensure that all credit notes are reviewed, matched to short payments and / or processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensure EDI invoice queries are resolved daily and support new vendor onboarding process.
- Be responsible for the reconciliation of vendor statements to ensure that all aged items are addressed and followed through to resolution.
- Assist with AP month end GL accounts are reconciled and all reconciliation items and supported by appropriate comments.
- Be flexible and able to adapt to the needs of the evolving AP functions.
- Assist in other areas of the business as required.
- Must have 2+ years of Accounts Payable experience with exposure to vendor statement reconciliation
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Tertiary study in accounting preferred
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively and professional in both verbally and writing
- Must have a strong work ethic and display a positive “can do” attitude
- Must be well organized and have strong time management skills, have the ability to manage multiple issues and schedule follow ups with a sense of urgency
- Ability to take responsibility for one’s own performance, be able to set goals and expectations and is able to report on progress
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeline
- Competitive & Rewarding salary
- Strong learning ground to launch your career
- Fast and dynamic team environment
Accounts Payable OfficerSydney Olympic Park NSW, Australia
Costco Wholesale is the one of the largest global retailers with warehouse club operations currenlty operating more than 785 locations in 12 countries. We are the recognised leader in our field, dedicated to quality in every area of our business and respected for our outstanding business ethics.
We are seeking a high performing, motivated and enthusiastic Accounts Payable Officer to join our Accounts Payable team, based at the Home Office. Ideal candidate for this role should have a vision to grow their career in Accounts Payable and contribute their valuable knowledge and experience in resolving complex AP issues including end to end vendor statement reconciliation,vendor claims, Bank Reconciliation, Month end General Ledger to Sub Ledger reconciliation, Intercompany account reconciliation, Employee T&E claims, etc.
Your responsibilities will be to assist with all aspects of Account Payable. Your primary responsibilities will include but not limit to:
Description of position and Daily Tasks/Responsibilities:
Abilities and talents recommended for job success:
Available to the succesful candidate
Reference ID: AU2068H.000238
Date Posted: 08/01/2021