- Costco Ringwood
- Cleaning/Janitorial role
- Rotating roster which will include weekend work and starts from 7am or finishing as late as 10pm.
- General cleaning - sweeping, mopping spills, changing rubbish bags, emptying bins.
- Cleans warehouse floors, offices, break room and restrooms by operating self-propelled floor scrubbing machinery and by sweeping, mopping, spraying and wiping. Follows departmental procedures and standards for cleanliness and performance of duties. Restocks supplies.
- Empties trash from designated areas throughout the warehouse. Pulls merchandise slip sheets and loose cardboard from sales floor.
- Operates garbage compactor and cardboard baler.
- Some maintenance of outside warehouse including blowing leaves, picking up litter, roof checks, and building maintenance.
- Scrubber in car park, changing of bins, landscaping and gardening - training provided.
- Checks daily schedule for assigned routine tasks and maintenance repair jobs.
- Follows all department and warehouse safety and security procedures.
- Paints, replaces bulbs, maintains equipment and performs routine repairs throughout warehouse. Assists in building displays and fixtures.
- Drives personal vehicle to purchase supplies and parts needed for projects.
- Any preventative maintenance required – repairing fittings and fixtures.
- Provides prompt and courteous member service.
- Assists with front end duties as necessary.
- Assists in other departments of the warehouse as necessary.
- Communication - Articulates information in a way that can be easily understood by employees, members, and vendors. Actively listens to fellow employees, members, and managers.
- Member Service - Exhibits a professional demeanour toward others. Unselfishly serves others and assists members, employees and vendors in a prompt and effective manner while following company procedures. Ability to identify problems, find solutions, and make sound decisions that reflect Costco's Code of Ethics.
- Self-Motivated - Well-organised and able to prioritise, multi-task, and adhere to deadlines while working efficiently and independently with minimal supervision. Accepts responsibility for his/her choices and decisions.
- Team Player - Cooperates well with a variety of personalities and individuals and participates in a professional manner to accomplish the business goal. Willingness to perform tasks assigned by supervisors and to assist others as needed.
- Flexibility - Adjusts positively to change in direction or assignment. Ability to do more than one task during a work shift. Willingness and ability to comply with new programs, methods, practices, and procedures.
Costco Ringwood - Maintenance/Cleaning AssistantRingwood VIC 3134, Australia
Daily tasks and responsibilities:
Non-Essential Functions and Tasks:
*MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE AND OVER*
Category: Retail and Consumer Products
Reference ID: AU2705W.000224
Date Posted: 11/01/2021