- Costco Docklands - Melbourne
- Casual position
- Fixed term from November 2018 to February 2019.
- Greets members, helps members load merchandise on the conveyor belt, asks member packing preferences, answers questions, relays information on special promotions, and thanks members.
- Transfers items not on the belt to a separate cart or flatbed as cashier scans items, placing barcodes up for the cashier when possible. Assists with getting supervisor verification for high-ticket, Bottom Of Basket, or non-transfer items. Packs member orders into boxes and loads them on a separate cart or flatbed. Checks packaging for and reports tampering. Assists members with loading orders into car when appropriate.
- Retrieves items such as boxes, register supplies, and merchandise requested by members to keep lines moving smoothly.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the register and general Front End area. Reports and cleans spills and trip hazards immediately.
- When needed, retrieves carts and flatbeds from the parking area using a rope with clasping hook, pushing no more than 10 carts at once. Keep front of building swept and clean.
- Follows proper Front End and general safety procedures and standards. Assists in other departments of the warehouse as necessary.
- Provides prompt and courteous customer service to members, employees, and suppliers.
- Must be available 5 days a week, rotating shifts Friday, Saturday and Sunday, compulsory days, availability must be valid over seasonal period.
- Must have a valid RSA certification.
- Must be able to smile and greet customers courteously for each rostered shifts.
- Position is KPI driven.
- Member Service - Exhibits a professional demeanour toward others. Unselfishly serves others and assists members, employees, and suppliers in a prompt and effective manner while following company procedures.
- Ability to identify problems, find solutions, and make sound decisions that reflect Costco’s Code of Ethics.
- Self-Motivated - Well-organised and able to prioritise, multi-task, and adhere to deadlines while working efficiently and independently with minimal supervision. Accepts responsibility for his/her choices and decisions.
- Team Player - Cooperates well with a variety of personalities and individuals and participates in a professional manner to accomplish the business goal. Willingness to perform tasks as assigned and to assist others as needed.
- Flexibility - Adjusts positively to change in direction or assignment. Ability to do more than one task during a work shift. Willingness and ability to comply with new programs, methods, practices, and procedures.
- Record of Satisfactory Job Performance - Demonstrates satisfactory job performance as indicated on the most recent review through positive demonstration of Costco’s Success Behaviours, and by a file free from counselling notices related to job performance.
Front End Assistant- SeasonalDocklands VIC, Australia
Works with cashiers by helping load member merchandise on the conveyor belt, packing member orders into boxes, and transferring member orders to a separate cart or flatbed after they have been scanned or keyed. Runs for item s as needed. Performs Front End opening and closing tasks; places returned or moved product back to their allotted spots in the warehouse, collects register paperwork, stocks registers, cleans the Front End area, and retrieves carts. Follows proper safety procedures and standards. Maintains courteous member service at all times while monitoring a smooth flow of members through the registers.
Communication - Articulates information in a way that can be easily understood by employees, members, and suppliers. Actively listens to fellow employees, members, and managers.
Licenses and Certifications:
Responsible Service of Alcohol certification is required per applicant.
ABILITIES AND TALENTS RECOMMENDED FOR JOB SUCCESS
High School Certificate or higher
Other Skills and Abilities
Customer service and employee relations skills
Category: Retail and Consumer Products
Reference ID: AU2137W.000206
Date Posted: 12/09/2019