- COSTCO WHOLESALE AUSTRALIA
- Competitive Wages
- Based at Head Office - Lidcombe, Sydney
- Acts as subject matter expert for location management in the interpretation of the Employee Agreement and/or Company policies and procedures.
- Keeping abreast of industrial relations issues and legislation changes and reviewing our procedures to ensure we are compliant.
- Assist with the review of the Employee Agreement and have the ability to interpret the relevant Awards, work with the HR Director for EA negotiations and bargaining meetings.
- Drafts various written communications, including letters and position statements.
- Uses independent judgment and discretion to interpret, create, apply and communicate Costco policy and procedure.
- Develops a strong working relationship with AWMs Admin, Admin Managers, Payroll Clerks, Location Managers, Vice Presidents, and Executives.
- Develop, implement and run reports on a periodic and as needs basis for internal and external reporting (eg. Government EEO reporting).
- Assist in auditing HR related matters.
- Designs, creates and edits effective training materials such as online and blended learning courses, assessments, videos, job aids, instruction guides, documentation.
- Addresses and helps to resolve complex personnel questions/issues.
- Assists to conduct thorough and impartial internal investigations.
- Develops, presents, and facilitates training on HR topics.
- Complete goals/projects according to pre-determined deadlines.
- HR system – maintain and look for opportunities within the people systems to drive efficiencies for the business and maintain compliance.
- Administration of warehouse general certifications, licences and registrations – ensuring we are compliant at all times.
- Travel and accommodation bookings.
- Works within a team environment to accomplish departmental goals.
- Travel required, many times on short notice.
- Assists in other areas of the department and company as needed.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality; successful past performance in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Proven strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to adjust communication to a particular situation and all levels of senior management, management, employees, and outside vendors, including attorneys.
- Proven ability to write and verbally communicate in a clear, logical, and concise manner.
- Solid understanding of policies contained in the Employee Agreement.
- Previous Costco management or supervisory experience or comparable HR experience/training.
- Proficient in Google and Google Docs, Presentation, and Spreadsheet.
- Excellent evaluation and information collection skills, including ability to conduct a thorough analysis.
- Proven competency to manage conflict and strong negotiating skills.
- Excellent organisational/time management abilities with a high level of attention to detail.
- Proven ability to maintain thoroughness and accuracy while meeting deadlines.
- Positive professional demeanor, dependable, and self motivated; ability to remain calm in stressful situations and to be flexible to handle change.
- High Certificate
- Completed Graduate study in business management, HR or related field
HR SpecialistLidcombe New South Wales, Australia
Description of position
Uses independent judgment and discretion to interpret and administer the Employee Agreement and Company policies and procedures. Ability to interpret employment law legislation and Awards. Develops training materials. Presents training programs to groups of employees or managers. Communicates daily with employees, managers, and executives on Employee Agreement and employment issues.
Tasks and responsibilities
Required skills, abilities, and certifications
Recommended skills, abilities, and certifications
Succesfull candidate is subject to satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
Category: H.R. and Recruitment
Reference ID: AU2068H.000168
Date Posted: 07/08/2019