- Costco Epping
- Must have Optical Dispenser Experience.
- Assists members to choose eyeglass frames and lens options appropriate to the lens prescription, under the supervision of a Licensed Optician. Provides and ensures prompt and courteous member service
- Measures member for pupillary distance using pupilometer and observes line of sight to determine bifocal placement, under the supervision of a Licensed Optician.
- Keys member order into computer and places special orders to outside vendors by telephone, under the supervision of a Licensed Optician
- Rings up orders and over-the-counter merchandise. Receives accurate payment, makes change, processes checks, credit and debit charges according to proper procedures for paperwork, cash handling, and performance of duties
- Checks contact lenses and completed eyeglasses against prescription, under the supervision of a Licensed Optician, prior to dispensing to member. Fits and adjusts eyeglasses to member using hand tools and frame warmer and bending with fingers.
- Orders equipment, merchandise, and supplies by keying into computer. Keys receipt of special orders from outside vendors. Follows safety and security procedures.
- Stocks merchandise and supplies. Follows department procedures and standards for production, record keeping, merchandising, and product storage.
- Cleans department by spraying, wiping, and mopping. Empties trash, operates trash compactor and cardboard baler.
- MUST have experience within the optical industry.
- Exceptional patient/customer service, both on the floor and over the telephone
- Appreciates continuing education
- Willingness to be flexible with hours/days occasionally where necessary
- A Cert IV qualification in Optical Dispensing (preferably completed) is highly desirable.
- Assists with front end duties as necessary.
- Assists in other departments of the warehouse as necessary.
- MUST be available to work AM/PM and available to work weekends.
Optical Dispenser/Sales AssistantEpping VIC, Australia
Description of position:
Assists members in choosing and ordering eyeglasses, uses computer to process orders, fits eyeglasses and dispenses eyeglasses and contacts under the supervision of a Licensed Optician. Provides prompt and courteous member service. Follows department procedures for stocking and cleaning.
Daily tasks and responsibilities:
Ideally, the successful candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
Reference ID: AU2827W.000114
Date Posted: 14/10/2020