- A key role in communicating the Costco wholesale offer to the WA public and business sector
- Building positive relationships and partnerships with new members
- Building the Costco wholesale membership base to support the opening of our 1st WA warehouse
- Sharing the Costco story with potential members
- Helping members to complete the membership sign up process, including data entry and payment.
- Canvassing businesses in the warehouse sales area in person and by phone to promote membership
- Meeting with business owners and assesses businesses to determine Costco products and services that offer benefit to the member.
- Meet with large businesses to discuss employee membership eligibility. Schedules and conducts on-site membership sign up events. Collects funds, keys applications, while driving personal vehicle.
- Completes daily activity log and tracks sales increases, sign ups, appointments, calls and incentive programs.
- Submits clear mileage records and other expense receipts for reimbursement.
- Promotes good community relations by attending and participating in local community events, trade shows, Chamber of Commerce meetings and local charity events.
- Assists Membership/Marketing Manager with formulating and carrying out marketing plan.
- Communication - Presents oneself in a manner that reflects positively on the Company. Articulates information, both verbally and in writing, in a way that can be easily understood by employees, members, and suppliers and in a manner that results in members buying memberships, products, and services. Quickly and accurately accounts for all forms of money and merchandise and precisely documents totals. Is thorough and detail- oriented. Actively listens to employees, members, managers and takes appropriate action as necessary. Limits communication of confidential information to those individuals with a need to know.
- Member Service - Exhibits a professional demeanour toward others. Unselfishly serves others and assists members, employees, and suppliers in a prompt and effective manner while following company procedures. Is proactive and reacts quickly and appropriately in identifying problems, finding solutions and making sound decisions consistent with Costco's Code of Ethics.
- Self-Motivated - Well-organised and able to prioritise, multi-task and adhere to deadlines while working independently with minimal supervision. Maintains a commitment to honesty, integrity, and high levels of efficiency and accuracy at all times. Accepts responsibility for his/her choices and decisions.
- Team Player - Cooperates well with a variety of personalities and individuals and participates in a professional manner to accomplish the business goal. Willingness to perform tasks assigned by supervisors and to assist others as needed.
- Flexibility - Adjusts positively to change in direction or assignment. Ability to do more than one task during a work shift. Proven ability to comply with new programs, methods, practices, and procedures.
- Enjoy being "hands on" and getting involved in the operations side of the business.
- Intensive and comprehensive training program;
- Competitive & rewarding salary;
- Fast and dynamic team environment;
- Opportunity to work with international, industry leading professionals.
Pre Opening Outside Marketers Costco WholesalePerth Metropolitan Area, Perth WA, Australia
Costco Wholesale is the 7th largest global retailer already operating more than 700 locations in 12 countries, catering to both business and individual members. We are the recognised leader in our field - dedicated to quality in every area of our business and respected for our outstanding business ethics.
In preparation to open our newest warehouse in the Perth Airport precinct, we are looking for customer service professionals (both Full time and Part time) to join our team as Pre-opening Outside Marketers. Costco is a membership based warehouse club. You need a membership to shop with us and we need some bright stars to help the people of Perth sign up and beat the rush before we open. Once the we open this team will reduce in size and everyone else from this team will take on suitable roles within the warehouse operations structure.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
As an experienced Customer Service Expert, applicants must possess the following qualities:
Available to the successful candidate
If you are looking for an opportunity where you will make a difference and be rewarded for your efforts this position is for you.
Professional confidentiality is assured for all applications received. Click 'Apply' to submit applications. For queries, contact (02) 6247 5378.
Previous candidates do not need to re-apply - No agency referrals at this time thank you.
Category: Sales and Marketing
Reference ID: AU2845WP000010
Date Posted: 10/10/2019