- Costco North Lakes - Brisbane
- Rotating roster which will include early mornings, evenings & weekend work from 5am to 11pm.
- Temporary seasonal position with the opportunity of permanent employment.
- Slices meats and cheeses for package sale and for use in assembled product using commercial slicer and scale. Slices vegetables for salads, entrees, and garnish on prepared foods. Assembles party trays, meals, pizzas, and salads.
- Skewers and cooks chickens and ribs in commercial rotisserie oven. Inserts up to eight skewers with five 41/2-5 lb chickens into rotisserie rotator slots, presses button to rotate for loading. Packages product, weighs ribs, places in heated display case. Rotates stock and pulls 50-56 lb chicken boxes/65 lb rib boxes.
- Packages, wraps, seals, weighs, and labels product with automated wrapping machine. Stocks and rotates display case.
- Follows Costco formulas and diagrams and monitors finished product to see that department consistency and quality standards are met. Complies with health code, such as sanitation, temperatures, and pull dates. Upholds safety and security procedures.
- Restocks and assembles large boxes of ingredients and supplies in prep area.
- Performs preventative maintenance for machinery, equipment and implements. Cleans equipment by disassembling and spraying with cleaning and sanitizing agent and wiping base. Washes and sanitizers parts in 3-compactor sink.
- Counts product on hand, figures production needs on daily form. Fills out time and temperature record forms. Records product to be salvaged, damaged, or destroyed for Manager audit. Completes sanitation checklist after final cleanup.
- Cleans Deli area by sweeping, mopping, spraying, wiping, scrubbing, low-pressure washing. Empties drain screens, empties trash. Operates trash compactor and cardboard baler.
- Provides and ensures prompt and courteous member service.
- Assists with front end duties as necessary.
- Assists in other departments of the warehouse as necessary.
- Communication - Articulates information in a way that can be easily understood by employees, members, and vendors. Actively listens to fellow employees, members, and managers.
- Member Service - Exhibits a professional demeanour toward others. Unselfishly serves others and assists members, employees and vendors in a prompt and effective manner while following company procedures. Ability to identify problems, find solutions, and make sound decisions that reflect Costco's Code of Ethics.
- Self-Motivated - Well-organised and able to prioritise, multi-task, and adhere to deadlines while working efficiently and independently with minimal supervision. Accepts responsibility for his/her choices and decisions.
- Team Player - Cooperates well with a variety of personalities and individuals and participates in a professional manner to accomplish the business goal. Willingness to perform tasks assigned by supervisors and to assist others as needed.
- Flexibility - Adjusts positively to change in direction or assignment. Ability to do more than one task during a work shift. Willingness and ability to comply with new programs, methods, practices, and procedures.
- Record of Satisfactory Job Performance - Demonstrates satisfactory job performance as indicated on the most recent review through positive demonstration of Costco's Success Behaviours, and by a file free from counselling notices related to job performance.
- Education/Training: High school certificate or higher
- Licenses/Certifications: Food Safety preferred.
- Experience: Food preparation preferred
Service Deli Assistant - Seasonal CasualNorth Lakes QLD, Australia
Daily tasks and responsibilities:
Non-Essential Functions and Tasks:
Qualifications (Costco-specific or industry-specific skills that candidates should possess):
*MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE*
Category: Retail and Consumer Products
Reference ID: AU2733W.000148
Date Posted: 09/10/2019